Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Almost 37 weeks

We are seeing our Doctor today as I am now just 2 days shy of 37 weeks Preggie and down to weekly and no longer monthly intervals between visits. Today is also our Doctors last day before he goes on leave until 9 Jan so he will be advising us which of his partners my care will be transferred to. Ive known this was on the cards but I'm gutted anyway. I love our Doctor with his old fashioned sensible ways and the way he puts us at ease. Oh well!
As of yesterday, which was also coincidentally my late dads birthday, PG's room is now 100% ready for her, Christmas tree is up and presents wrapped, home admin is pretty much done, cat food well stocked up on and my hospital bag is like 90% packed so I feel a lot more mentally ready which is a good thing considering babies from 37-40 weeks are classified as full term! Our girl could come any day now! I'm still getting Braxton Hicks but Andy and I have pretty much figured out a soothing routine which works wonders. I have a soothing warm but not hot bath, relax in it for a good while, get into my awesome carriwell maternity top which holds all the sore bits in place and make sure I'm in bed and snuggled down by 11pm which is when the BH hit hard. I've also become used to them I think so don't find them as scary and intense as I did 2 weeks ago. Our bodies are so wise in how they naturally prepare us.
I'd say my worst complaints right this minute are still the sciatic spasms and swollen feet which make walking rather sore. But not long to go now.
Our Doctor will also be doing that scan today to measure pelvis etc and give us advice on natural vs Caesar. I'm scared about that. I don't want to hear I can't do natural.

2 comments:

BioniKat said...

Hang in there, you're doing fine. With Bradley, who was my home birth, he was lying breech as it was getting close to when he was supposed to arranging himself head down and my midwife had to turn him twice until he settled into the correct position. She was also on call for the birth luckily as I went into labour on Christmas Eve and I had to call her back from Howick where she and her husband had gone to visit family for Christmas. Its so exciting to be so close now to meeting your little one. No other Christmas gifts required, hey.

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

You sound like you're doing wonderfully well :)