I have been feeling vaguely victimised by well meaning yet exasperating people in my life of late so i decided to go to my mom for a jolly good chin wag and verbalize my disgruntlement at the world!
Arn't moms the best? My mom is my number one fan, friend, confidant, sounding board and pillar of strength.
The best thing is that I know that when my mom gives me advice it is never mallicious or a means of manipulating me but always with my best interests in mind.
It seems that the general consensus at present is that I am moody, boring, no longer sexy, no longer the party girl, a recluse etc etc.
I am so sick of going out and being questioned on why I am dressed the way I am, why I am not drinking, why I want to go home early, why I am no longer fun and why I seem down??
Well hello!!! With the bombardment of these type of questions no wonder I seem down!!!
As I said to my mom tonight, I went through a phase of partying non stop, drinking shooters, dressing in a more sexy way and generally being very vivacious and out going but now that Andy and I are nesting and settling down my priorities have changed and I am quite happy at home with him, my cats, in the garden, blogging and watching soap opera's in my shorts and tees.
My mom said there is nothing wrong with this although I should guard against spiralling into a state where I find myself without friend or interest.
Fair enough but if a friendship can not weather a change then its no friendship at all and I can do without it.
Its so true that people come into our life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
Perhaps a few reasons and seasons have now come and gone and I am quite ready to accept that my lifetime mates may have dwindled somewhat.
This is me. Perhaps I am a homebody who doesnt need to be in tiny tops and stiletto heels with a drink in my hand in a smokey and stuffy niteclub to feel happy.
Like it or lump it.
2 comments:
Life is short,just enjoy it!
Hey I went through a very similar thing, and people would especially bug me about why am I not drinking, why not have another drink, etc, but I soon realised they don't really care, they forget soon enough what you used to be like, and your very true friends will be there in your new phase. My best friend also did an about face when she became a mother - went from a sexy party animal to mother earth and I had no problem with it, and neither did her true friends. We just accepted her. I say good for you, it sounds like you're doing good for yourself, and as long as you're happy, you do what you like.
Post a Comment