I made the fateful error of tackling a couple of sets of minutes at around 9pm last night that I had been putting off after my monthly meetings with clients.
My mind was buzzing afterwards and so I tackled my inbox and started replying and sorting etc etc.
I was still wide awake after that so I cleaned up my client profiles and then thought I had best head for bed as it was nearing 1am.
Well I lay in bed tossing and turning and trying to count backwards from 100 but that just stimulated my brain even more.
The next thing I had a verse of a nursery rhyme in my head going round and round and round.
Wee willy winky runs through the town
Upstairs and downstairs
in his nightgown
This then led to...
Humpty dumpty sat on the wall
Humpty dumpty had a great fall
all the kings horses and all the kings men
couldn't put Humpty together again.
Has anyone else ever wondered what these rhymes actually mean and wouldn't a child be quite traumatised by the chubby, cute Humpty all smashed up in yolky pieces on the ground??
I'm hoping that tonight will be rhyme free, just full of sleep and happy dreams.
1 comment:
Wishing you a good night's sleep. And I agree, nursery rhymes can be quite weird, if you think of the meaning.
Post a Comment