Well I am happy to report that this mornings news is positive again.
All 3 of my adult cats were in the bedroom this morning, grooming themselves and waiting for mom and dad to wake up and feed them.
Andrew was first to make his way to the kitchen and Storm bolted ahead with her brothers close behind her. By the time I had put my contact lenses in and made my way to the kitchen the morning routine was under way.
Andrew washing cats bowls and the cats swirling around his legs. I took over the feeding while Andrew made the coffee.
Storm turned her nose up at the Fancy Feast which was disappointing but devoured a good portion of a Friskies pouch in the chicken kitten range. She outsmarted me again though and ate all except her 1/4 tablet hidden in the food. Ho Hum! I will have to try something else a little later.
She seems very perky but did cry out when I tried to pick her up so I suspect that fluid is slowly gathering in her chest again and causing discomfort when touched in that area.
The vet warned me we would have to drain again at some point but the fact that it is gathering at a slow rate is excellent so I'm not too upset about this.
I am so grateful to have a job which allows me to work from home. I could not imagine leaving at the crack of dawn and coming home after dark as I used to especially when my kitty is unwell and in need of constant care. I am able to get stuck in to admin today but still be close should she need me which is a super arrangement.
Prince is now settled on my bed where he will probably stay all morning, Odi is on the roof of my car where he will also probably stay all morning, Storm ventured into the garden and the kittens are chasing each other around the lounge.
All is well in my land and long may it last.
3 comments:
Yes indeed long may it last. What an ideal situation where you can work from home in the company of your furbabies.
Pilling a cat is never easy. But it is nice that you can be there to watch over her. Sending you purrs.....
Thanks Momcat and Noll's Nip. I finally got the meds down in a tuna and salmon disguise :)
Post a Comment