
I am an emotional wreck right now.
My beautiful sweet little girl cat, Storm, has been diagnosed with Lymphoma which is terminal. When we got home after voting on Wed she didn't seem quite right but I couldn't see anything obvious wrong. On Thursday she seemed right again. Yesterday she was not herself in the afternoon but in the evening she was ok again and I thought to myself I'd take her for a check up on Saturday anyhow. Then last night before bed she came through the window and was breathing rapidly and erratically and her pupils were dilated.
We were up all night checking on her and were first at the vet this morning.
We left her there to be x-rayed and thoroughly examined. I received a call from the vet this afternoon confirming the cancer diagnosis and that the prognosis was not great. We have however had her chest drained of fluid and started chemo as a last hope that maybe she will live a comfortable life for a few more months. She is only 8 years old.
She is at home now in her favorite basket and she is able to walk and ate a good size plate of food and scratched her post which made me a little more hopeful. Her brother, Prince, has been close to her too which can only do good.
The vet will call me in the morning to check on her and we will take it from there. I am hoping with all my might that she does not deteriorate tonight. We are grateful for each hour we have with her to prepare and make her feel loved.
Storm we love you so much.
3 comments:
I am SO sorry to hear about Storm's heartbreaking diagnosis. I know that nothing I say right now will take away the excruciating saddness you're feeling. Storm is fortunate to have found such a loving family to spend her life with during the time she was here on earth. She is a beautiful girl! Don't worry as Micah will be there to greet her when she passes to the Bridge. Please give kisses to Prince for us as he'll be needing some extra love right now.
Thank you so much for the kind words. If you read my new blog you will see she is alive and some improvement! I am so so happy!
Oh my. Storm is a very pretty girl and 8 years isn't old. What a terrible diagnosis! We are so sorry to hear this. We are very young, only 1 year and 8 months and mom loves us madly already. She can only imagine what it'll be like after 8 years. Gentle purrs, Siena & Chilli
Post a Comment