Monday, May 4, 2009

Back To Full Working Weeks

Ho Hum! So that's the end of a good run of public holidays bar the one in June.
Although I have not gone away or done anything really amazing over all these long weekends it is just so nice to have the extra time and not feel guilty about closing my office door and doing my thing. Nobody responds to emails over long weekends anyway so I don't even bother pretending to work.

On the home front all is well. Andy returns from Cape Town tonight and I must admit I am a little tired of my own company now. Very excited to see him!
The cats are all well. They spent most of the weekend huddled on their own blankets next to the heater with me in the lounge. It was bitterly cold and mostly rainy and therefore conducive to lazy days in front of the telly.

Storm seems so well but I am almost nervous to be too optimistic in case of tempting fate so I'll just say things are good and leave it at that.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've missed a lot of blogging and posts - I have been going back through your posts to see what the matter with Storm was - but I can't seem to find it. What was wrong? Glad to hear he's better - nothing worse than a sick pet.

Mama Feline said...

Hey Kitty Cat! Nice to have ya back! Storm is my beautiful 8 year old girl cat. She couldnt breathe last Friday night so took her to vet first thing saturday only to receive diagnosis later that day that she has lymphoma (a type of cancer). We were moments from euthenasia but I just couldnt let go yet so the vet drained all fluid from her chest so she would be able to breathe and then started chemo. My god she is alive and doing so well I cant believe we almost said goodbye. I was a basket case but feel much happier now

Unknown said...

Oh my, what a story and what a tough decision! So glad Storm is pulling through and doing well! Phew! We just had to put our old staffie down, but he was really old and at the end...sad.

Noll's Nip said...

Good to hear that Storm is better. Sending more purrs her way.