Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dri-Buddi is my buddy!


We are experiencing excessive rainfall at the moment which is wonderful but everything is damp to wet and cold and my drying racks for washing are full! Washing also starts smelling if it does not dry quickly enough so I forewent the pleasure of clothes shopping and bought a "Dri-Buddi" instead today. Its the best R700.00 I've spent in a while as I am able to dry up to 10kg of washing at a time in 60-90 minutes. Its basically a collapsible metal stand that takes roughly 15 items on hangers and then you zip up the cover, switch it on and leave it. It impersonates a warm dry breeze so there is no risk of burnt or damaged clothes. It also warms up a room beautifully which is an added bonus.
Fortunately it uses a fraction of the electricity that a tumble dryer would and is lovely and compact which suits me down to the ground.
We had virtually no underwear or warm pj's left that were washed and dry so by the end of tonight I should have pretty much sorted all that and we will be warm and dry again.
If anyone else is battling with this same problem you can buy the "Dri-Buddi" at Makro stores countrywide.


1 comment:

Noll's Nip said...

Never seen one of those but it does sound like a wonderful invention. I typically tumble dry on low for 5-10 minutes (to get out the wrinkles) then air dry on a rack in the laundry room - to be green and save $$$.