Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Weekend Of Getting My Life Sorted!

Talk about productive for myself for a change!

Friday:
I finally went to the Dentist for my 2 hour appointment to sort out my tooth ache. I knew I'd be having root canal treatment on one tooth but once the Dentist "opened me up" even he was shocked at the infection and as a result my 3 back teeth on the right side are now just shells with all the tooth drilled out to fix the horrific problem. I will need to go back soon for crowns or I risk losing the shells and then I will look like a sunken face when I get older!
My teeth are pretty strong but this was a direct result of bad Dentistry years ago and my subsequent fear and lack of care for getting to the bottom of the pain. This Dentist is a gem thank goodness. He says my incessant sore throat should get better too as I am no longer swallowing infection.
I got home and was on such a buzz from all the injections etc he had given me that I managed to finish off all my monthly reports for clients! I thought I'd come home and crash but I was feeling great. I did take it easy that night though as the anesthetic wore off I could feel that I'd been worked on.

Saturday:
Andy was such a love and took Casper to the Vet so that I could lie in a little and nurse my sore mouth/teeth. He had a squishy bump on the back of his neck but fortunately it was just an allergy to the vaccination he had and nothing to panic about.
Once I was up and dressed we went shopping and managed to buy a new shower head and hose to replace the one the maid had broken. Andy installed it and all looks like new again. We also finally got round to returning the faulty gas heater we bought last year!!!
Got home and got stuck into my home office. I threw out all the junk and eventually filled an entire large black municipal bin! I now know where everything is and all is tidy and it turns out I actually need no stationery now that I have found all the bits and pieces under the piles of junk.
I also managed to get all the washing done so it will be dry in time for the domestic to iron on Monday. Shew! The washing basket had been scary after all the rain so it felt good to have it all done.

Sunday:
Andy and I met my mom for breakfast at the nursery. I love seeing my mom and Sundays have sort of become our day to catch up over a meal and enjoy family.
When we got home we worked on our Visa application for France so we are set to go for our appointment tomorrow. So much better than stressing in the morning if things were not ready.
I also attacked my bedroom cupboards, cabinets, socks and drawers and make up and toiletry bags and jewellery and handbag shelves.
Wow! I had such junk and clutter going on no wonder I thought things were missing.
I now feel so amazing and ready to face the world knowing where everything is and what I have.

I am now eating pizza as I blog and am about to retire to watch Carte Blanche and then chill. Well deserved if I do say so myself :)

No comments: