On Friday Andy and I didn't feel like dressing up but were in the mood to do something. We decided to go to Drive-in! When last did you do this? It really was a trip down memory lane as it used to be something our parents did regularly with us when we were growing up. For some reason the passed few years have seen virtually all of the Drive-in's closing down apart from the one which is conveniently situated 5km from our house.
We made our own microwave popcorn, packed blankets and pillows, prepared a goodie bag with crisps, chocolates, juices and the likes and then stopped at Mc Donalds on our way for a coke and fries each.
We arrived in time for the forthcoming attractions but had to park pretty close to the screen as the Drive-in was packed! We still had an awesome view though. Gone are the days of that huge radio thing that you used to have to attach to your wound down window. Instead you now tune into a radio station and have the comfort of all the windows wound up which was welcome in the cold weather.
We watched Terminator Salvation first and then stayed for The International which was the second show. I have to admit I slept through most of the second show but Andy seemed to enjoy it.
We were home just after midnight having been entertained for in excess of 4 hours for under R100.
What fun!
1 comment:
FF - I well remember those drive-in days as a kid. I don't even think we have any left anymore in the area. Durban drive-in was/is the last that I know of and its a lot of a fleapit now.
Post a Comment