Monday, October 19, 2009

Kitten Wounds

Caspers wounds on the mend

Casper with his bonnet - poor baby

Budda is doing really well after his neutering and still rolls for us.


Our baby boy Budda was neutered two weeks ago but one of his testicles was terribly swollen and risked infection so we had an extra vet visit with him but I am happy to report that he is now perfectly fine and happy.

Little Casper threw an allergy to something, what we don't know, almost two weeks ago and scratched two nasty wounds in his neck. We took him to the vet who administered cortisone and he seemed fine. Then we took him for a follow up shot a few days later and within an hour of being home he had thrown such an allergy again and gouged the wounds open again and even worse this time. We rushed straight back to the Vet who sedated him, administered a different strain of cortisone and bandaged his back paw in a boot to stop him scratching and harming himself.
Well the boot only lasted a day or two! We awoke one morning to find him bootless having spent the night chewing it off!
Then this Saturday night he came through the window with open wounds again and bleeding so we rushed to the 24 hour vet.
He is now cleaned up again, on antibiotics, a soothing cortisone based cream and has a plastic head collar to stop the licking and scratching for once and all. He is healing slowly but really is not adjusting to the collar. I want to take it off but dad says we need to stick it out a while longer for his own sake.
My poor little baby.

5 comments:

JC said...

I know they don't like the collar but it's the best thing ..

Have you tried a spray ...
It works for my dog who chews her foot ...

I have Corti-Care .. hydrocortisone spray. Works on Maddy Jean .. bought it at a pet store. Just thought I'd mention it in case ...

Mama Feline said...

Hi JC! Is the spray for allergic itching?

Noll's Nip said...

Tiggy had to wear one of those for two weeks after he had an operation to remove his male plumbing and widen the opening (he had repeated urinary blockages). It was a long two weeks. The collar works well though. All the best.

Tamara said...

Awww... the cone of shame (have you seen the movie Up?)... poor thing. hope all the kitties are well again soon.

JC said...

It works when either my dogs chew or lick an area too much. I also used it when Bella, my dog, had surgery a few years ago.

It' my miracle ... try it to see if it will help ... spray.

It might not work onyour gang but I always have a bottle just in case ..

(I've used it on on both the Fur and the Purr Gangs)