Thursday, November 19, 2009

Baby Shower - Tips Welcome

A friend of ours has asked if I would help him arrange and plan a baby shower for his wife. I am quite honored to be asked for help especially considering I don't actually have any boobaloos.
Now I have been to many many baby showers. Some have been lovely, some have been fun, some have been boring, some have been risque, some cute, some ridiculous etc etc.
He wants a fresh and young and fun vibe but not hectic or embarrassing which I think is a good choice.
Now, how do we create just that?!?


I have lots of ideas but if anyone has tips on themes, games, decorations, food etc etc etc or anything at all that you thought was really cool please do share as I want to help make this an awesome day.
The more tips the better!



7 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Enjoyed your blog...my niece had a shower where everyone was asked to bring something Yellow...and wear something Yellow...and everyone drank Yellow punch...and ate Yellow iced Yellow cake...turned out to be really fun...

Mama Feline said...

Hi Kittie! Thanks for stopping by! Now that sounds like a really refreshing idea. Its easy and fun. Thanks :)

Melissa said...

That IS a really cute idea! If she knows what she's having you could do pink or blue.
Then there is always the Word Scramble and Baby Bingo. Those a re easy, simple and fun! You can get some cute $ store gifts as prizes.
Oh. I threw a shower for my friend and asked everyone to bring a book for the baby instead of a card and sign it. That way the baby will already have a nice collection of books when he/she is born!

GL and have fun!

Mama Feline said...

Ooh thanks Melissa. I think the book idea is brilliant! I mean how ridiculous is a card for an unborn baby really hey - ha ha!
She is having a girl but is not a pink mommy. Her nursery is pastel shades of yellow and green and white. The dressing in yellow could work!

I think I saw those games and how they work on the internet. I'll print and have a good look.

Thanks :)

Forever Foster said...

For my best friend's baby shower, we got everyone to email a photo of themselves as a baby ahead of time, and we made up a board with each of the photos, numbered. One of the games was to guess which photo was of each person. It was fun:)

Tamara said...

I just recently sent an email with some games suggestions for showers to a friend. If you mail me at doodlesofajourno@gmail.com I'll forward it to you.

Mama Feline said...

Thanks ladies this is great! Tamara, I'll email you now :)