My word! For some reason I felt drawn to my blog today and was scrolling through my old posts, chuckling at some, feeling emotional when reading others and then saw that today, this very third day of November 2009 is my Blogoversary!
It really does not feel as though an entire year has passed but boy what a year it has been.
Lets see...... what have I been up to....
~~~~~~~
- I have cared for two sets of foster feline families one of which I have kept and I'm so pleased as they are adorable and help me to indulge the maternal side of my personality.
- I have been with my company for 19 months now and still relish working from home and being as close to my own boss as I probably will ever be based on my own risk portfolio. I don't ever want to be the one responsible for finding the money to settle a pay roll run!
- Storm has been on chemo for just over 6 months now and surprises me with her strength. I love my little girl so very much.
- Some friendships have fizzled and others have blossomed.
- We have a new domestic worker and gardener since then and I think we may just have found the right fit now.
- I have a new car which I have to admit I really do enjoy.
- I joined a gym although I do not see the need to frequent it too often.
- Andy and I have been together just shy of 3 years now.
- We have been overseas and a few local trips.
- I have celebrated 2 birthdays and Andy 1 since then.
- I continue to share very close bonds with my mom and we have been there for each other through much this year.
- I feel much closer to my brother these days and now share a great relationship with his girlfriend too which I am so very pleased about.
- I've faltered as a vegetarian but not often and only when its been really dry biltong or a well done piece of wors! I still endeavour to stick to vegetarianism as much as possible.
- I have been thin, chubby, thin, chubby but all within a 5kg variance so I'm not beating myself up.
- Andy and I have found a game which we enjoy together called Farmville!!!
- We have a newfound fun escape of bookstore/coffee shop Sundays from time to time.
- Andy still provides work and pay for a number of staff and I am proud of him for keeping the goal in sight no matter how tough it gets.
- We cancelled a wedding but not each other and continue to learn about each other which is more commitment than many married couples can claim.
~~~~~~~
All in all my life remains kaleidoscopic with bits of sparkle that make it worth while.
Here is to another year of blogging.
7 comments:
Happy Blogoversary! Here is to many more:)
Wow what an eventful year you've had. I remember when you started blogging which was also just after me that you seemed somewhat hesitant as we all are when we started and you've just grown from strength to strength. I appreciate your friendship and look forward to reading much more about your journey into the future! Well done my friend.
Happy Anniversary !!!
No wedding ... do a post it note like Grey's Anatomy did ...
Thanks everyone! Its been really fun :)
Happy belated! Well done on the year and here's to many more!
happy blogoversary! i celebrated my 4th one some months back, but i've not done a reflection of my life and happenings like this for one like this. that's something i have to remember to do for next year, good thing it was! there's so much happening during a year that's important to jot down and contemplate about.
hope you treated yourself to something nice in celebrating:)
I'm a little behind in my reading!
Whew, what a year you have had....congrats on your 1 year blogoversary. I had mine last month. Time really does fly.
Post a Comment