Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Odi Is Back In Da House!


I have mentioned on previous posts that Odi has not been an inside cat for months now and I was quite sad about this. He always comes in for meals but prefers to sleep on my car or on a blanket outside. I was so worried that he felt neglected or unloved. I originally thought he had started doing this because of the kittens arrival but I have noticed that he has only started coming inside again since Storm passed. The kittens arrival coincided with Storms illness becoming apparent and now I wonder if perhaps he was not comfortable at home with illness around. My mom told me that many cats wander when a human or fellow cat get ill in the home. This is also why many sick cats hide away and sometimes even go away completely to die.

Perhaps Odi was just very very sad and needed space to deal with it all.
Anyhow, here he is wedged between the pillows on my bed where he has been all day much to my delight and he slept on the bed next to me for most of last night.
Welcome back inside Odi boy.

5 comments:

JC said...

Good ... my cats are all indoor only now. I used to let mine in and out only I lost one of mine thus they are all look out the window cats now.

Pop and Ice said...

How sweet to see Odi curled up in your bed. I love it when our cats sleep with us, especially the snuggly ones!

Tamara said...

Cute pic! My Sapphire has also been snuggling in bed with us the past two nights, but in her case it's the cold weather that's made her so affectionate ;-)

BioniKat said...

Its absolutely amazing how sensitive cats are. I have heard that they can smell illness. You are probably on the right track there and maybe Odi felt uncomfortable around Stormy because he sensed how bad her illness was. So glad to hear he is back inside again with you now.

Noll's Nip said...

That could very well have been the case.