Saturday, January 16, 2010

Talk About Violent Creeps!

Last night Andy and I were in bed reading books at around 11:30pm when we heard a commotion in the street. We didn't pay too much attention at first as it has become the norm to have drunken rows going on on Friday nights but then we realised it was right at our complex gate. I heard a young guy pitifully saying "I'm sorry I'm sorry please man I'm sorry" and another guy screaming and ranting at him. I shouted out the bathroom window to stop it and the guy screams at me to F -off. Andy then says heck something nasty is going on as the young guy sounded truly and utterly terrified and we could also hear a girl shrieking so we go out with panic buttons and head to the gate to see a weird sight.
Basically this riff raff bully in his brand new Golf GTI has tried to follow a tenant into the complex and in the process has rammed into the electric gate which is now half closed on his car. Apparently he had been riding on the tail of the tenant just up the road and the tenant had wound down his window and pulled a fist to show him to back off. This guy then chased him and pulled next to him at the gate and shoved his driver door open onto the tenants passenger door, denting it and got out and shoved his fist in their passenger window and threatened them. The tenant then opened the gate and tried to get in and quickly close the gate but the bully managed to pull in behind and get half way in and then blamed the tenant for the damage of the closing gate on his car!!!
When we got there he was about to beat the tenant but I screamed at him and he came after me at which point Andy stepped in and then he looked like he was going to hit Andy but the owners of another unit came out and he then realised there were more of us than him and backed off. He refused to stop harassing the original tenant and was swearing at all of us and being absolutely vulgar and revolting. He absolutely reeked of booze as well. Eventually ADT security arrived and this horror hurled abuse at them and then his wife/girlfriend arrived and he hurled abuse at her but when his mother arrived he turned into a jelly fish, crying and telling her it wasn't his fault. What a freak! The family and friends who arrived on the scene are obviously used to this and arranged a tow truck within seconds to tow him and get him out of there to hide him before the police arrived with a breathalyser. When the police arrived minutes after he had run off they recognised the description of him and his vehicle and said they often chase him as he is a coke head and repeat bully and traffic offender. Nice!
His friend gave us a fake ID number but it was close enough for us to figure out the real one based on other searches we did and we now have a way of tracking him down to issue summons for all the damage.
It turn out he is 38 years old and carries on like that and then cries to his mommy. What a lot of junk.
His mother should have lambasted him a long time ago and stopped protecting and hiding her son from consequences.

Today I am really battling to let this go. Why should the majority of society shy away from these bullies?!? I'm sorry but two incidents in one week is enough to make me declare war on bullies.
Oprah had a guest speaker on her show last year and they were the author of the book "The bully, the bullied and the bystander".
If you are a bully get ready to face some consequences, if you are bullied then start standing up as they are cowards and will soon back off and if you are a bystander shame on you.
Enough is enough!


3 comments:

Being the Mum said...

I'm so with you Tam. I'm the person who hoots at the idiots on the street (Keith thinks I'm nuts), I'm the one who'll stand up and say "you're out of line" in a public place. I don't do it every time - you gotta be savvy. But you're dead right: bystanders need to be shaken, bullies need to be brought to justice.
**hugs**

Mama Feline said...

Thats nice to hear Being the Mum! I also pick when to stand up as sometimes both parties are equally in it and I then think well fight your own battles. Andy and I discussed it afterwards and said its weird because we are both considered short but have no problem standing up to big thugs. Andy did say he wishes I would be a bit more careful but I knew that thug wasnt going to hit me as he was so obviously a bully. You should have seen the way he treated the woman he is with. Disgusting! I'd like to get hold of her and ask her why she stands for it?!?! This is a complex issue and I plan to research it more as I'd like to help those who are bullied see the light and way out especially if it is perpetual bullying they are subjected to. Oh what a complex thing the human being is hey :)

Anonymous said...

Ag shame, maybe he'll help make some psychologist rich one day...