Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Busy Happy Saturday

I truly love weekends as I get to recharge my batteries and my soul by doing what I find nice as opposed to what is necessary.
The Kitty Shelter had a table stand at a show today and I helped out there pretty much all day by answering visitors questions, selling raffle tickets and other merchandise and just generally getting our name out there as we rely heavily on public goodwill and donations and want all to see and know what we do and what we are about.
It is also nice to spend time with other kitty fans and enthusiasts as it makes a welcome change from being called "the crazy cat lady" by people who are either ignorant, rude, cat haters or all of these things wrapped into one nasty bundle.
Our table was by and large a success - yippeee!
One of the other exhibition tables was run by an African gentleman who is such a kind and gentle soul and this just oozes from his very being. He was selling his own hand crafted kitty houses made of thatch. What a novel idea! I of course bought one and the founder of Kitty Shelter also bought one for the kitty residents to enjoy at the shelter. My kitties all had a turn to check it out but are a little wary of it for now. So strange! I do hope they will warm to their new goodie soon and laze and sleep in it :)
For now the three babies are sleeping in the veranda basket all purring together and Prince and Odi are in the front sleeping on our cars.
Andy is cycling in a race very early tomorrow morning and spent some time cleaning and preparing his bike this afternoon. I think after a pretty busy day for us both we shall retire early and awake refreshed to start a new day with new nice and fun things to enjoy. For me mosaicing and for Andy cycling and then catch up with each other for a chilled out Sunday evening.
Aaaah I love life.









5 comments:

Noll's Nip said...

Bless you for your good works Tammy! That is a super kitty house too. Noll would love it.

Forever Foster said...

It sounds like you had a really successful day! The house is very cute. What a wonderful creation. And that is such a darling picture!:)

Prixie said...

wow those cat houses are the most adorable thing ever!

meowmeowmans said...

Life is indeed good! So glad you got to do the things that rally refresh your soul this weekend. We feel exactly the same way about volunteering at the shelter every weekend. :)

BioniKat said...

Those cat paintings are great at your table are great. I think the kitties are probably wary of the thatch house because of the smell of the straw. They'll get used to it. I can see they're going to be testing their claws on it too!