My mom had a bone transplant procedure done on her jaw today. I must say it was a lot better than I expected as it was done with conscious sedation and not full blown anaesthetic funnily enough. I had also expected to see incisions and stitches on the outside of the face on the jawline but it was all done internally so when I heard my moms voice down the passage as she was coming round I was already relieved and then when I saw her and realised it was internal I was even more relieved!
I find sedation of any kind absolutely fascinating as there is the power and knowledge to take a person right down and bring them back up again. Wow!
I stayed with my mom until she was partially sedated and got to see the Doctors machines and how there is a graphical representation of the levels of drugs in the brain and how the initial dose is kick ass and then meters off to the desired level which is why the patient experiences quite a sudden feeling of sedation and then does come round a bit again and then goes quite significantly down into sedation again.
My mom is the bravest and toughest person I know!
She was compos mentis right after the procedure and walked to the car and then did rest through the afternoon but was also up hanging loads of washing, making her own coffee and just being my mom as I know her.
There is obviously a lot of pain and a revolting taste of blood in her mouth but my mom is so down to earth with this type of thing and just takes a pill and gets on with it without hysteria or any need for attention.
Now the next step is to ascertain whether my moms body is going to accept the new bone and hopefully not reject it. Positive thoughts!
Little Diva has had an itch and we also noticed a bald spot above her one eye. Dad took her to the Vet today and it turns out she has ring worm and will be on tablets and a body wash for about a month. Poor little tot!
We are now holding our breaths that the boys do not also get it.
I am fat and flourishing! I seem to be holding onto my appetite and weight from the festive season. Damn!
I also need to get my hair done and my eyebrows could do with attention so I need a pamper weekend or day soon to restore my self esteem as I am feeling rather unkempt which is not how I like to be.
I will however be on client visits with our Broker for the rest of this week and next and I'm helping out at a show where Kitty Shelter has a stand this weekend so the personal grooming will have to wait a bit.
There is another hectic highveld lightening storm here tonight so the internet is coming and going. Thats my cue to sign off!
2 comments:
Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comments. Thank you also for the work you're doing in Joannesburg; we think it's awesome! We are looking forward to following your blog, too. :)
Glad to hear your mom is such a trooper, and that she's doing so well after her surgery.
Oh, and sorry to hear about the ringworm. We're purring and praying that your other kitties don't get it...
Hope all goes well with your mom's bone op and she gets better soon. Sorry about the ringworm. Be careful when treating and make sure to wash your own hands because you can catch it too. (And I'm sure you're not that fat. I've seen photos. You look great!)
Post a Comment