I hate waking up on a Monday morning and hearing lawn mowers going as it means I have overslept!. Now this is not terribly serious when one works from home and shew luckily I had no meetings booked for today but it just means a hectic start to the week and makes one feel a little guilty which is not a good way to start a fresh week.
My happy floaty feeling from Sunday night completely obliterated and my own gardener waiting at the gate sent me into overdrive in a hurry and it is now 11am and I have fed the gardener and set him to work, done three loads of washing, fed the cats, cleaned out cat trays, cleaned the house, taken delivery of a Fedex parcel, paid the levy for another quarter and emailed the proof of payment off, sent urgent client emails, set up appointments, arranged vehicle sales for a client, dealt with a data crisis at work, bought dinner for tonight, arranged the Kitty Shelter hamper draw details for later this week and am now sitting with a cup of tea and thinking ok cool I'm back on track and have a good six more hours to dedicate to prep for monthly meetings so Monday is salvaged and I no longer feel guilty.
It is so strange how the world and its demands seems a million, zillion, gabillion miles away over weekends.
Now this probably sounds like a post where I am about to launch into how hard life is and Mondays suck but it is in fact a post to show that without all the somewhat mundane and annoying and intrusive tasks and people in our lives we may very well be left feeling bored and demotivated and depressed and then no longer appreciate the weekends or the time we have to do as we please.
It is all of the above tasks and more which make me productive and feel needed and necessary in the world and therefore ultimately make me happy.
Sounds weird I know but think about this... when you are washing dishes or vacuuming or running around to see clients or whatever it might be you are actually too busy to feel unhappy. Tasks are the worlds way of making us cope and feel alright with life or at least I think so.
So if you are having an unhappy Monday why not tackle that basket of filing or write those thank you notes you have not yet done or tidy your cupboards or clean out your email inbox or defrost your freezer or go for a walk to shed the kilo's you want to loose or phone that difficult client or whatever it is that needs doing and I bet you will feel good about yourself afterwards and have forgotten what is getting you down for at least as long as it takes to do the task.
Happy Monday everyone :)
5 comments:
That is a wonderful attitude to have:)
Now which designated kitty failed in their duty of waking mom up. Kittys going to need a talking to! Hey just as well you work well under pressure because you got a LOT done in a short space of time.
Thanks Forever Foster and I'm so pleased that your baby found a forever home. Well done!
Momcat - eish tell me about it! I was lights out dead to the world fast asleep oblivious to kitties :)
I actually work far better under pressure. Dont tell me I have a week to get something done because I will wait until the night before to start but I find I then whack through it and somehow get it done. Even in school I would start studying a max of two days before an exam while other kids had been preparing for weeks. hee hee
Have a lekker day!
I agree with you, it does make one feel productive, but sometimes if one has "bigger fish to fry" the mundane can get in the way! I've been dealing with a suicidal case and she has actually taken on far too many commitments and a sense of oppression is weighing her down. She just has too many things going on at once. And is certainly not enjoying herself and is feeling very overburdened. Any excitement or satisfaction that she once had about these activities has been stifled, and she has no time or energy for personal creativity and pleasure. SO, I guess what I’m saying is balance is important…
I SO agree with you! Without the busyness we wouldn't appreciate our weekends, or time off. Without all the stuff to do, we'd feel lost.
Post a Comment