Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mosaic Weekend

Wow! I had an awesome weekend at a mosaic workshop with my mom. The deal was a workshop on Saturday and Sunday including a wrought iron bistro table, tiles (although my mom and I paid in extra for some really lovely ones just to add some bling), grouting and the lesson. My mom and I both felt that we were perhaps slightly advanced for some aspects of the lesson which was a little frustrating at times but we did pick up some invaluable tips and I learnt quite a bit as I have mosaiced far less than my mom. It was certainly worth it and thoroughly enjoyable overall and I have finally come home with a completed and ready to use project which if I do say so myself I am really pleased with.
I am now so motivated to buy the bigger size table and some chairs in their raw form and create a magical mosaic outdoor furniture set!

It is also awesome to be able to share these happy creative moments with my mom. We have always been close but I find as I am getting older and more settled my mom and I have been able to move into a slightly different dimension far more close than just mom and daughter but rather a very close and special lifelong friendship. Love me mama!

I found it quite difficult to capture the effect of my mosaic on camera but here are a few pics to share anyhow....






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tams, look what I'v done! Finally joined up. We did have a wonderful weekend hey darling. Super super super. Just a bit slow on my part, but should be finished tomorrow. Love you lots and lots.
Tabby Cat. (Mom)

Mama Feline said...

Oh wow mom! This is super awesome and what a surprise :)
Chat lots in cyper space

Anonymous said...

Stunning! You should get the chairs and go for it :-)

Pia K said...

gorgeous! very gaudí in style! ages since i tried that and a weekend class is of course just perfect for it, it must be so fulfilling to see such great results:)