I really do not like things which require batteries or charging which means just about everything useful!
I am the queen of losing chargers and currently have to charge my mobile phone in the car or on my laptop as the proper charger was left at a B&B months ago. That annoying beeping low battery sound always happens at the most inopportune moments and the phone dies leaving me hanging right at the very moment when I am about to get an answer to a pertinent question, have waited in an automated queue for ages or something juicy is about to be revealed!
My Navigator is another item which goes flat with regular monotony and where is the charger when I need it? Wherever I am not!
Then there is my electric toothbrush. I travel fairly often for work and without fail on the first night the poor thing dies its umpteenth death and I then revert to manual brushing with it... well that's not very handy now is it.
At the moment my camera battery is flat and Andy is away with the spare so I am suffering major withdrawal at not being able to photograph my cats ad nauseum.
I'm dying to take photos of their new cat house toy and of them darting in and out of it and snoozing in it. So cute!!!
Well I guess I better go and charge that damn toothbrush now eh?!
5 comments:
I'm at the other end of the spectrum, as the only thing I have that requires rechargeable batteries is my camera. And since I have that attached to me almost every day, I always have a spare set ready.
I'm probably one of the few people in Canada without a cell phone (lol), have thought about it, but having it cut out while in mid-conversation would be bothersome.
Really, we're so dependent on technology now, it's rather frightening to think what would happen in a disaster, with all systems down. (Well, we just have to watch the news to know, with all the earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.)
Now that's a frustration we have in common! Wouldn't it be nice if there was a universal charger, that worked for everything... a girl can dream:)
Hi Kea. This is very true and something I think about often. This is what sparked the movement of several people to completely eradicate technology from their lives in order to avoid the dependance.
When we have a power failure I realise I am well and truly dependant and sucked in :(
Hey FF! Now that would be super cool hey :)
There are universal chargers available, if you're willing to part with an arm and a leg. They only work on newer models, methinks.
My electric toothbrush died properly this morning. So sad. But it was like a million years old.
What phone do you have?
Tamara: I have a Samsung but not sure what model. Got it last year. Why do you ask?
Post a Comment