Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Please dont ring please dont ring

I am hoping and hoping that my phone does not ring tonight with news from M that baby girl has not made it. M texted me this evening to advise that she was not eating too well and seemed less well than yesterday. M is also worried that we may have a break out of an airborne virus as another kitten at the Shelter also died last night and she had a kitten die about two weeks ago with similar symptoms. We are desperate for Ginger's autopsy results so we know what we are dealing with but we realise it could take right up to next week before we get them. An airborne virus could mean devastation at the Shelter and at M's home amongst her many cats and mine at home. I am so very scared right now that one of my 5 residents may have been affected as I found a runny stool with a hint of blood in the cat box tonight.
I could really just about freak out.
Please don't ring phone please don't!

7 comments:

Kea said...

We're crossing paws and fingers that all will be well. Sending lots of purrs and healing Light!!!!

Forever Foster said...

I'm so very sorry to hear the news about Ginger. I understand that you are worried about your kitties, but remember that they are grown, strong and healthy. Even if they were to be affected by what has caused the problems with the babies, it would be a very different situation.

Are you able to get a hold of any F10? It is a super disinfectant that I use, and is really good with things like ringworm/ cat flu/ parvo etc. I believe it is made in South Africa. When I have had sick kittens, I spray it everywhere and put it in the washing machine with blankets. It gives me a bit more peace of mind.
(((hugs)))

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

WE are sending you purrs and hope the baby gets better!

Mickey's Musings said...

We heard about you from Flrever Foster and had to come by and offer some purrs! We are sorry about Ginger and hope the other little kitty does well.
{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Charlemagne and Tamar said...

We're sorry to hear about Ginger going to the Rainbow Bridge. The kitties at Forever Foster told us and we wanted to stop by and let you know that we're purring for the little baby girl and that all of the kitties stay healthy.

Purring and purring and purring,
Charlemagne and Tamar

HubbleSpacePaws said...

We also came over from Forever Foster. We'll be keeping you and M and all your charges in prayer! I am so sorry for your losses!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We came over from Forever Foster to add our words of concern and support. We know how hard it is to lose a friend, and to worry about the ones who are not well. We are sending lots of purrs and gentle woofs your way.

All the Gang at
The Poupounette