Monday, April 12, 2010

Repairs

Thanks to Andy who set up the wireless Internet connection, I was able to sit in our bedroom and still work most of the day and now I am able to blog.... yippeee well done Andy!
The repair team consisted of 5 lovely gents who set about their tasks in a really efficient manner and they are all really friendly and respectful of our home which does help the situation a lot.
I actually cant believe how much they have accomplished today. The tasks completed as at close of business today are:
- Removed and replaced the Aerolite in the roof.
- Removed and replaced the damaged ceiling boards.
- Painted the ceilings.
- Painted the walls.
- Checked the electrics where the water had caused damage.
- Repaired the outside wall where the Plumbers had left a gaping hacked hole!
I am super impressed! All that is left for tomorrow is a bit of painting in my study. They have even cleaned up as much of the dust and debris as they possibly can so all I need to do tonight is sweep and give a couple of mops and then we should be able to start moving our furniture back into some of the rooms.
Our cleaning lady is also coming tomorrow so I'll get her to help me give a few more wipes and cleans and then we should be pretty much done by Wednesday.
We really hope the flooring company will also be able to come in this week still as that will just be the cherry on the cake.
So far so good though!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy to see the repairs are coming along! And I am truly flattered that you added my site as a gadget :-) Thank you, you are a special shining being in my life! Brightest Blessings*

Tamara said...

Love the last pic ;-)

"People trying to work, you say? Dust? Paint? I MUST go and lie in the middle of it all! That's what cats are for!"

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

That's impressively quick - just happy that they could get so much done so quickly?

PS - why is kitty cat insisting on lying on dusty cloth? lol. Tamara's comment was cute!