I have just been speaking to the Anesthetist to get procedure codes etc to submit to my medical aid and she is a stunning lady and actually explained a lot more to me than the Gynae about what is going to happen.
I have been doing a lot of research on Endo and I fluctuate from thinking oh its so common and minor to thinking somebody help me this sounds terrible!!!!
I think this is a classic case of it might be a pretty common thing in the female population bit it is MY first procedure and I am scared. I don't like Doctors, hospitals, needles and injections, blood and definitely not pain so when I think about it I feel like just cancelling the whole thing and sticking to Pyn Stop tablets - hee hee. I mean dental surgery is as much as I know so this to ME is hectic.
All of my paperwork is submitted to medical aid and the doctor and hospital and I have been approved sick leave from work so I feel organised at least.
I didn't actually realise that they are planning to cut out and/or cauterise during the Laporoscopy too. I just assumed they were going to have a look and then do all that another time but based on the procedure codes from the Doctor the Anesthetist has advised me they will be doing this.
I suppose its better to do all that needs doing in one go.
EEEEEK I still feel scared!
1 comment:
It is natural to feel scared of the unknown but you are doing what needs to be done like I had to with my breast lumps last year. You better not cancel it cos we all know about it now. Everything will be fine. Medical procedures are so advanced now and a lot more can be done to help than in years gone by. On the children side, there are pros and cons to going that route but you and Andy have to be the ones to make the decision to be parents. No one else should be involved in the decision. It is not easy to bring up kids and there are plenty of problems but also plenty of rewards.
Post a Comment