After arriving home from the Vet I put Nancy in our bedroom with cat box, food and water and settled her to sleep on our bed. She sleep for ages and when I checked on her later she seemed much calmer and back to normal so I opened the door for her to have some time out. All seemed fine until I went to check and heard her meowing pitifully. I saw her stuck in the barbwire AGAIN! Andy came running with me and he is a bit taller so could reach on top of the wall better and saw she was well and truly stuck. After much ado and me going hysterical with Andy telling me in a nice but firm voice that I needed to calm down for all our sake he eventually got her out and she had those wild dilated eyes again so straight back into the bedroom. We had to re bandage her which wasn't fun but fortunately she had not been cut to shreds. Settled her again and she almost passed out which just shows she is not ok right now. After lunch Andy and I went and had a sleep on the bed with her which was probably the best thing for all 3 of us. She slept again for almost 4 hours so I've let her go in the front for a bit where there is no barbwire. She was desperate for a wee and cats are very proud so she didn't want to use the inside box. Poor tot.
Tonight I'm afraid she is going to be locked in again as we cant risk anymore dangerous behaviour to herself while we wait for the drugs to wear off.
I swear Andy and I will be very well prepared for if and when a human baby comes along after caring for all our cats and seeing them through vomiting, diarrhea, cancer, spaying, allergies, snuffles, fights etc etc etc
No comments:
Post a Comment