Friday, October 22, 2010

Thinking of my friends and others today

I am thinking of the employees of Standard Bank today who are on tenterhooks as they dress for work for what may be the last time.
The Bank forewarned Employees in South Africa and London head offices that 1000 Employees would be retrenched today and that top level management are not safe either.
I have personal friends facing a potential axe today and their anxiety is but of course, tangible.
If today brings bad news I wish for a new door to open for them all as soon as possible.

3 comments:

BioniKat said...

I hadnt heard that bad news. When banks start retrenching that doesn't bode well. Wishing all that face the retrenchment spectre strength and faith in these difficult times.

Tamara said...

Horrible stuff. I also have mates who work there. The atmosphere at work today must be oppressive to say the least :-(

meowmeowmans said...

What a horrible situation. We will be thinking of your friends, and hoping that new opportunities present themselves immediately.