Saturday, October 23, 2010

What do 1 year old's play with exactly???

Andy and I are attending the first birthday party of young Zach, who is the son of friends of ours. The event is tomorrow at 2pm and after two visits to two different toy stores we now have a huge pile of toys in the lounge. The reason for the second visit was because when I went on my own on Friday I was not terribly successful. The store I went to had less variety and every blerry toy I picked up thinking it would be perfect had that irritating red sticker stating not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
I came home with a variety of toys but was not convinced I had the best selection so today while Andy and I were shopping we popped into the Reggie's toy store in the Mall and met success! Its weird but I so prefer when Andy comes with as it just helps to bounce ideas off him and choose things together. Also, I have to give Reggie's this: they may be over priced but they do stock a better quality and wider range selection.
Having said that, I am still not entirely sure what 1 year old children play with as the age range stickers go from new born to 6 months and then start again at 2/3 years. We went with our gut in the end.
So... what does or did your 1 year old play with?

We were in awe at the selection of toys for the older kids though especially from age 5 and above. Andy was keen on the wooden garage/workbench and I loved the little girl doll houses and mini kitchens. I think having a child will be super fun as we are both very young at heart!
We even came away with a new board game and puzzle for ourselves - hee hee.
I had to steer Andy away from the baby car seats too! Andy is a stock piler and planner of note :)

We also bought tickets on Computicket to watch U2 live in Cape Town for next Feb which promises to be a blast!!!
Now I kind of hope baby in tummy only happens after 18 Feb so we can party party party party one last time before getting preggers ... if not... I'll have to make do with water while watching the bestest International band like ever!

1 comment:

BioniKat said...

Whats this! Did I miss a couple of posts. You and Andy getting broody and planning on starting a family? Yay, you'll be great parents.