My gran passed away last night.
There is always a degree of sadness when a family member passes but she had been battling for some time now and we know she is at peace now.
She lived to see the age of 90 which is quite something in itself.
Pictured above is my gran at her 90th birthday party, surrounded by friends, her 3 daughters, myself and her great granddaughter.
Some happy memories I have of my gran are going to town with her in the early 80's. We would get dressed up and catch the bus to town and shop and have lunch. It was a great adventure always!
Watching "Loving", the soap opera of the 80's and laughing madly at all the nonsense.
Playing cards with her was always fun.
Playing in the rondavel in my grans back yard which she and my grandpa made into a playroom for us. They put old typewriters in there are post office stamps and all sorts of stationery and my cousin, Bronwyn and I would play "office office" for hours and hours.
My gran also used to let us play drummies with her brooms and we would wreck her mops making hairstyles of the mop head and she never shouted at us but would laugh and say we were crazy.
I also remember my brother and I pushing her around our garden in a wheelbarrow just for fun !
She was definitely not a strict gran.
She is also the reason that we all have a good command of the English language as she would insist we look up any words we didn't know in the dictionary and then use them in a sentence.
I owe my gran a great debt for raising my mom to be strong and able as my mom passed this on to me.
Rest in peace now gran.
7 comments:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Will light a candle for her journey. Thinking of you*
Thanks my friend
Sounds like she had a grand life.
So sorry for your loss. You have lovely memories of time spent with her.
We are so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing the lovely memories you have of your Gran.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
sounds like she was a lovely lady and you a terrific granddaughter! what great memories you have of her! take care and god bless
Tammy, I hope all is going well with you. Thinking of you and looking forward to hearing from you again soon.
Post a Comment