Well hello Blog World, my has it been a while !
I have not posted a thing in 6 months not for lack of anything to post about but out of sheer chaotic mania and any spare moment of time I did manage to find to myself, well I just couldn't a been arsed to blog but spent those precious moments catching a wink of sleep, watching my favourite TV soaps or catching up on body grooming.
Anyhooo here I am at last with a little time and motivation to share what I have been up to in the last 6 months.
We acquired another kitty in about November last year. She came a crying one Saturday night and when we eventually caught her we brought her in, fed and bathed her and set her up in a comfy bed to sleep. I did go around the complex asking if she belonged to anyone to no avail and so just like the rest she stayed and we named her Tao. That brought our total head count to 2 humans and 7 cats.
We moved into our new home in December last year. It was a rather trying time with the Seller being an A Class Pig. When transfer eventually went through he decided he didn't feel like moving out. To cut a very long sordid story short, he eventually did move out but left a trail of destruction including shoddy electrics, no waterproofing, leaks, a few dings in walls and had the cheek to remove certain fixed items like lights and the alarm. I'm not going to devote anymore of this passage to him tho so lets just say we are now moved in and about 80% of the way through the repairs. Its really lovely and spacious though with a nice big garden for the cats and lots of living space for all of us. The cats are just flourishing in the home and we are all enjoying having our own walls and gate that only we access as opposed to how it was in the complex where the gate opened and closed hundreds of times day, people walked in and out as they pleased, noise noise noise and nasty nosey old bats in our bidniz!
Andy and I were also able to host our very first family Christmas in our new home which was awesome. We had a little splash pool installed just in time too which was great for our hot December Christmas Day. We had 20 people in the end and set up a huge lunch table in our sun room so we could all eat together at a really beautifully decorated table with loads and loads of Christmas cheer and feast.
We spent New Year with my folks and a few mates at a show at the Barnyard Theatre. It was festive and safe which is a good combination.
Then January was spent almost exclusively planning our wedding which we celebrated on Sunday, 30 January 2011 at the Johannesburg Country Club with family and close friends. It was a magical day. The ceremony was as 11am and the rain which had been incessantly pelting all through Jan stopped the night before and allowed us to have a wonderful outdoors picnic reception. Such fun !
So yes, I am now a married woman and must admit I love it.
Andrew's sister, brother-in-law and nephews came out for the wedding too and so we got to spend time with them which was great. Andrew's cousin who emigrated to America was also here for the wedding which was a super surprise.
In mid Feb we went on Honeymoon and my husband surprised me with the most amazing holiday I have ever had. Boy how I long for those lazy long days in the Cape Town sun spent on nothing other than sheer indulgence. We also got to see U2 in Cape Town while on honeymoon which was good.
And then from March it has just been work work work work work for us both with the odd social thing thrown in like book club, a lunch or two and friends birthdays and of course my own birthday just last week Wed. I am now at double three's and well into my thirties. Bring it on I say!
One other little bit of news is that we are no longer actively doing anything to prevent a baby. Its thrilling, scary and exciting all rolled and wrapped up in one! I don't really want to obsess about it and will just let the universe flow and see where we go :)
Will post some pics in the next post.
Toodles ~x~
6 comments:
Hi welcome back!! :) Post some photos of the new kitty! And I suppose there might be a new little human in your midst in the near future ;)
Welcome back! Good synopsis to catch everyone up... congratulations to you and Andrew on your new home and new chapter in your lives together. And I'll second that... photos of the new kitties would be great!
Oops... meant "...new kitty, in fact all of the kitties, ..."
Welcome back! Congrats on your new kitty -- and your wedding! :)
Looking forward to seeing some pictures in your next post.
Happy to see you back again and happy to be back again myself. Wow, another kitty (just another 6 and you will have as many as me!) and a new marriage. Congratulations to you and Andy on this new chapter in your life and all the best to you both and your kitties now that you are in your 'big house'.
hey, welcome back. and if you guys get lucky with the baby.... then.... congrats!
Post a Comment