I had a bit of a wobbly last night, suddenly thinking what the hell have I done! No more using and abusing my body as I like, a lifetime of responsibility coming up, no nights of chocolate block red wine binges with my husband and friends for 9 months, certainly no dieting all week to fit into an outfit by the weekend and what if my boobs go to hell!!!
I have also been feeling like a wall of fatigue has hit me for the last 3 days.
I felt like getting in my car and just driving and driving and getting away.
Well its too late now isn't it sista. This was planned and wanted so what's my problem?
I do have to believe it is hormone induced. I've heard pregnant women talk of this so many many times and I have always wondered just how true it could be secretly thinking "Ag please just get over it" and now karma is dishing me a double helping of serves me right for being nasty and skeptical towards all the pregnant ladies with whom I have crossed paths.
Fortunately my husband reads me well and we had a good chat and chuckle and I felt better just having shared those feelings. I was able to be totally honest with him and tell him even the ugly horrid thoughts I'd had and you know what... its always OK... he always gets it and doesn't think I'm a freak and in fact even agreed with a lot of what I said and felt.
I woke up today feeling less smashed, had a nice porridge for breakfast, got nicely dressed for a meeting and headed out with purpose. Had a really good meeting and felt more like myself, taking charge, making a difference and realising this need not be an all encompassing thing. Life will change but it will still be mine. I'll get my body back, I'll get back to work, I'll love my baby but not give up my whole life and I will still have mad crazy times with my husband where we get a babysitter, polish off a bottle of wine and just have fun.
EGBOK!
2 comments:
You are the most amazing woman in the world my Angel. Your fortitude, need to see the bigger picture and desire to forge ahead, no matter the obstacles, is one of the many reasons you are a complete wonder to me and totally unique. We are going to have so much fun together in the future, with our little PeeGee on the way, and even then will just have to adjust to another body in the mix. Its going to be great to go on this lifelong adventure with my best friend and best adventure buddy in the world. I love you my One. Forever.... and a day, Me.
Ah my love you are my rock and we rule xxx
Post a Comment