Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Scan results

Andy and I are ecstatic and thrilled parents to be tonight. Our scan brought excellent news that our little plum is developing perfectly and we were given a low risk pregnancy score. We are so very very happy.
It was just amazing to see PG again after 5 weeks and the growth and formation and just sheer perfect union of Andy and I is something words can't describe.
PG was also jumping like crazy. Terribly cute to observe :)
Funnily enough our Doctor was running only slightly late today so all seemed set for us to be out of there within a reasonable time but PG had other plans! He or she was lying vertically which meant a successful scan would not be possible. Our Doctor told me to go and empty my bladder a little and then sit perched forward for a half hour and we would try again. After a half hour we went back in and started the scan again but my bladder was still slightly too full so I hot footed it down the passage for another partial pee and back to the room again quick as I could and then finally PG was lying horizontally and ready to be scanned.
We saw and heard the heartbeat again which has started dropping from 170bpm at 7 weeks to 163bpm today at 12 weeks 5 days. The Doctor said this was "beautiful" which is his word for "perfect". My bp is great and I've gained just 1kg in the last 5 weeks so pretty controlled and ok. Blood work all in the normal ranges.
PG's due date has moved forward by 1 day now to 12 Jan 2012.
Can't wait to meet you our precious plum.

No comments: