Its the last day of autumn and its my mum-in-laws birthday. Sending happy birthday wishes all the way to Italy where she is holidaying with family. Many happy returns Mommy-Nik!
I am thrilled that warm weather is upon us, that gardens are beginning to perk up, that I am able to stop wearing layers and layers of clothes which means the washing basket becomes more manageable too (ha ha ha).
We also have a short holiday booked in Thesen Island, Western Cape, for a week right after Andy's birthday at end October and before PG arrives. We really need the break and look forward to some serious R&R outside of JHB. We have booked a private little villa right on the lagoon and will be able to step out onto beach sand and walk to the local bakery for fresh bread every morning and just chill and I just cant wait to get there.
The next thing on my mind is one which I can barely even type about because my coping mechanism is at an all time low right now and my emotions are like a tightly coiled spring. We have Electricians here AGAIN today, drilling, messing, with ladders, chords and chaos all over the show that I have to duck and dive around and they have seriously over stayed their welcome. Its been a whopping 8 months of them and the end date gets shifted over and over and over again and I am sick of it. I'm beginning to almost believe they will never ever ever ever be gone. I clean the house and what happens.... they come back and mess it. I dust and wipe and go crazy keeping things fresh to keep our allergies at bay and what happens.... they dig around in the ceiling and drop ceiling dust through all the down lights and leave us sniffing, snotting and sneezing. Andy sorts the pantry cupboards and what happens... they come back and need to drill in there and mess it up. I want to start getting our baby room ready but what happens... they keep having to go in there and drill and blow out plugs and stuff it up. I want to redecorate our sun room but what happens.... they are here here here in everything, messing, ruining and I cant get anything done. Our little girl cat now goes and hides in the cupboard as a matter of course from 7am to 7pm because she is so used to them being here frightening her. I think I may even be borderline depressed right now and in desperate need to have EVERYONE OUT and our home to ourselves to please please please please start enjoying.
I am also battling to get over the intense anger I feel towards the previous owner and this Electrician who both fraudulently gave compliance certificate so that they could have the sale go through, get paid and have their way and leave Andy and I in the dark and then to live through the madness of fixing it all. The fact that they have been here 8 months just shows how very very bad it all was and we would both definitely have walked away from the sale had we known and looked for something else because we are NOT fixer upper people and we did NOT pay a fixer upper price. We always made it clear we were looking for a move in and enjoy home and we have been lied to and misled.
Shew, this post started quite light and breezy and look how it ended up. I really must find a way to deal with this, bury my anger and move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment