Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Smells

Isn't it strange how a smell can take you places in your mind? Last night I was slothing around watching telly with Andy and out of the blue I could have sworn I could smell the interior of my late Grandpa George's car! It was so weird because the smell was so distinct but it passed as quickly as it came but the memories it conjured were something else. Long drives with my grand parents to Sappers Rust Club near Haartebeespoort Dam, being fetched from school on occasion by my grandpa, going along for the drive with my grandpa to buy my gran her gin, lemon and boiled sweets - ha ha ha ha what fun!

Spring is here earlier than the 1st and seems to be in full swing now. There is a scent of cut grass in the breeze today and that slightly hot metal smell which so reminds me of playing monkey grip on jungle gyms when I was much much younger :)

Our little PG continues to be an active little bab at night and dad has felt her movement twice now which has been awesome !

Its our nephew, Calvin's 3rd birthday today and he celebrates on holiday in Italy with his mommy Ruth (Andy's sister), daddy, brother and Nana (Andy's mum). Andy got to chat to him this morning and says he is sounding so cute and promptly sang "happy birthday" back to Andy :) :) :)
Tomorrow is Andy's mum's birthday too.




No comments: