Thursday, September 8, 2011

Likeness

It is really very cute to observe our young tabby cat Tao and how she is never far behind her older tabby cat sister Nancy. Although Nancy can be a real little so and so and pounce on Tao and boss her a lot I think Tao idolises her. I wonder if she somehow relates to the fact that they are both tabby cats?

Tao is getting much much braver these days and this morning I woke to find her and Nancy snuggled at my feet. It was just like one big ball of grey tabby fur :)
After a while Nancy jumped off the bed to go and eat some biscuits and Tao of course followed hot on Nancy's tail copying everything she does.

I suppose it is like that with humans too in a way. Not that we only seek out other humans with the same physical appearance but we certainly do seem to naturally flock to those with whom we sense a likeness. I find that since being pregnant it is getting more and more difficult to be around people whom I just dont agree with on certain levels or who behave in ways I dont like. Before I would just adopt a nonchalant approach, grin, have a big glug of wine and deal with it but now I find I prefer to avoid them as much as possible. Maybe its some instinct that is becoming more pronounced? I almost feel an internal cringing recoiling in their presence.

No comments: