Oh my word. October is here and it isn't quite how I had pictured it to be back in May. Things are actually more like a zoo than the calm, tranquil and organised home I had pictured.
My girl cat Nancy is still refusing to accept our new boys which means we are still living with the house permanently sectioned off and giving turns when it comes to outside time. This means that I am not yet able to get stuck into our baby room as this is where the new boys sleep for now. Its exhausting and I really need to actively get Nancy to grips with this so we can all carry on with our normal lives.
I have been using Feliway spray, drops in the water bowls, hormone injections, soothing stroking and nothing is helping even in the slightest!
I have also not been exercising the way I had pictured I would. In fact scratch that previous sentence.... I have not been exercising at all! At this point I don't give a tootle about weight but had hoped to be building my back and core strength and working my pelvic floor in preparation for labour. Ah heck :(
We have a new Domestic Worker now who also works at our friend and while I cant fault her work, she has a sunny disposition and certainly gets the bulk of the tasks done in the 2 days a week that we employ her, there is this niggly uncomfortable feeling in my gut again. She has only been with us about 2 months now and already she is arriving late to work. 9am most days now. She then seems to rush a bit through her duties and sometimes doesn't do all the nitty gritty cleaning and still want to leave early which makes me cross. I have no problem with her arriving late if she then stays later. Fairs fair.
This morning I had every intention of tackling her on the working hours thing but she somehow disarms me with her pleasantness. Oh I am such a push over! Ah well, the ironing gets done and from what I can see she appears honest.
It is Andy's birthday month with him turning 38 on the 29th but the party with family and friends at our house which I had mentally planned now seems unlikely to happen. Andy's mom is away over his birthday anyhow and we are attending his 20 year school reunion on his actual birthday which is a Saturday and the next day we leave for our holiday in Knysna. I had started checking who was around on the Friday but so many people had plans so I have pretty much canned the idea. We'll see how things go when we are back in November and maybe do something belated then. The thing I find most annoying at the moment though is being harassed by everyone wanting to get together but it has to be all on their terms. Where they want to go, what they want to do, when it suits them, only with the people they choose etc etc. What nonsense. One woman wont travel anywhere outside of a 5km radius from her home, others don't like each other and only want to see me exclusively, another bullies people into doing too many things and then sulks when things don't go her way, another cancels at the last minute and leaves me sitting like a fool and my all time favourite ones... those who are ever so slow off the mark with their wallets when the bill arrives and who either pretty much assume Andy and I will pay or eventually begrudgingly pay but forget about the dessert they had, their kids' drinks and of course to add on for a tip. I have had it!
As a result, Andy and I sent out a mass email saying where we will be this Sunday and should anyone wish to join they are welcome. Well needless to say, very few can make it due to "brat syndrome" but at least we have made the effort and now they can quite frankly see me next year for all I care!
And then I think about the terrible tragedy that has struck Andy's families long standing friends and I realise none of this stuff is important. The son has passed away from Pancreatitis aged 30 and leaves behind a pregnant wife and family who adored him.
What a terribly sad world this can be.
1 comment:
Wow, your life seems terribly busy at the moment.
Post a Comment