I am a mama to the most amazing daughter, pregnant with number 2 and still find time to cuddle our precious brood of rescue kitties. I am wife to a quirky but lovely man, a devoted daughter, a big sister and a somewhat absentee friend these days. Most importantly I am discovering so much about ME day by day and this is my private blog of randomness.
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Ante natal class done
Well Andy and I completed our ante natal class today as part of our whole clinic package. It's a bit weird in SA or at least very different to what my friends who reside overseas have described. I've heard them all talk about classes one night a week for a good few weeks but here it was all crammed into just one full Saturday. It makes me wonder if this is as a result of so many many SA mums going the Caesar route which cuts out the need for a large chunk of info? It seems that there are longer more intense ante natal courses available from private midwives at the couples own cost and initiative but well with just a few weeks to go and the time of year AND that I just can't stomach a moment more of "breast is best" ra ra by a single nother person we will give it all a miss, use what we know so far and just go with our instinct and gut as it unfolds for us. I believe sometimes there is such a thing as too prepared or too informed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment