Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Creepy Facebookers

I must say I am rather betwixt and between whether to stay on Face book or maybe now just deactivate my profile. I enjoy seeing what people are up to and "staying in touch" remotely as I am actually quite a hermit in my own way so a social network like Face book suits me really well. I also love the way that our re homing animal networks flourish. I am however finding it a bit annoying at times like with the creepy people who you can see are online several times a day but never post any status's or pictures or anything at all actually and just quietly snoop and dig around in other peoples profiles. I know that by being on Face book a person tacitly accepts that whatever they put on there is open to viewing and even scrutiny but there is almost this unspoken "give and take" of info and sharing which the creeps are not abiding by. They just take take take and then sometimes slip up at social things about just how much they know about your life and you realise they are VERY active Face book snoops and creeps.

Perhaps my first port of call should be to just delete the "friends" who never interact and see how that goes.

1 comment:

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

I always delete :) So don't feel bad! lol

Actually, I confess I am also quite fussy about adding people....