Andy & I at home on Christmas morning
Budda Baby helping unwrap presents - too cute!
Our Christmas table in all its glory
Family Portrait - Christmas EveThis Festive Season has flown by and I suspect because it has been one of the best I have had in years. Andrew and I had a fabulous holiday which I will still blog about as soon as I have organised the hundreds of photographs which we took.
We returned to Johannesburg on 23rd December and were greeted by our four precious kitties who had been very well cared for and doted over by Marc our house/cat sitter. He is a dream and absolutely loves cats, especially ours as he describes them as "dangerously cute". My mom popped round that night too and I threw together cold meats and salad and we opened some wine and caught up.
My mom and I went shopping on the 24th for food for the next two days which was a rather manic experience with so many last minute shoppers all rushing around but we managed to buy all we needed and headed home by midday for a nap and then we all gathered at my mom's house again in the evening to celebrate Christmas Eve as a family. It was so relaxing and a lot of fun with just the six of us being my Mom, Corrie, my Brother and his girlfriend and Andy and I.
Corrie braai'd fillet, wors and some kassler steaks and my mom had made yummy snacks and salad and then there were a variety of sweet cakes for dessert so we all had very full bellies by the end of the evening.
We exchanged gifts on the 24th too as Gareth and Jeraldine were spending Christmas Day with her family so it was a slightly new tradition this year but great fun.
On Christmas Day Andy and I woke late which was such a treat as we had been up really late on Christmas Eve. We opened our personal gifts to each other in bed with coffee and kitties which was just so homely and relaxed and awesome. Andy and I really spoilt and surprised each other with our gifts this year and will spend many hours enjoying the awesome pressies ranging from perfume to massage vouchers to DVD's and CD's.
We made our way back to my mom at midday and spent a lovely relaxed afternoon with her and Corrie and enjoyed a delicious lunch of Turkey, roast potatoes and salad and dessert and much champagne - divine!
We left in the early evening and returned to our precious feline boys and just chilled out and enjoyed the remainder of Christmas in our happy home. Very low key but so nice.
Boxing Day was a real sloth day for us both. Andy set up the spare TV and DVD player in our bedroom so that I could watch my Gummi Bears DVD's in the bedroom while he watched Thunder Cats in the lounge. We had leftovers and made snackwiches later and just chilled and enjoyed the fact that we did not need to do anything.
A Festive Season to remember for all the right reasons.
I wish all of my fellow bloggers and followers a safe and happy end to 2009. I have decided that next year will be my two thousand and ZEN in which I fore go the displeasure of an actual resolution as such but seek to achieve harmony and balance in my life all year round.
Here here to that!


5 comments:
Gummi Bears!! I use to love that cartoon. As a matter of fact mu 3 year old son watches them on You Tube now! :)
How nice it must be to be in a place where you can wear shorts this time of year. Though I have to admit, being around snow makes it seem more Christmas like. The snow can go away now..haha.
Merry Christmas(a bit late). sounds like you have a fabulous one!!
Ugh...typos. :P
Gummi Bears AND Thunder Cats! No way... where did you find those??? Beautiful pics you guys look nice and chilled :-)
We bought them at Musica - a real blast from the passed :)
Post a Comment