Friday, February 5, 2010

General Stuff

I am very pleased to learn that I am still capable of 20/20 vision albeit with a lot of help! I have been battling with severely blurry vision out of my right eye as well as a lot of discomfort for over a year now actually. I had returned to my now ex Optometrist shortly after the first eye test to advise that I still could not see and was assured there was nothing wrong with the prescription and that I should just persevere. Anyhow it has become so bad then when I was driving home from Middelburg recently I could not even make out the registration number of the car directly in front of me. My ex Optometrist then really pissed me off (read old posts) and I was referred to a new Optom by a person I know.
Well I tell you what a difference. She picked up fairly substantial astigmatism in my right eye which meant my prescription was totally wrong. She also picked up a lot of protein build up and some swelling and has put me on some drops and a new lens soaking liquid which has made the world of difference in just a week.
I can see clearly now the bad Optom is gone :)
I also have an updated pair of specs in a funky frame which I have been told to start using as there were also definite signs of over wear of my lenses.

Diva remains a constant source of happiness in the home. She is a bright little tot and figured out the window escape to the outside world within a week of being here. Her brothers took a few months! She just loves the outdoors and I often see her rolling and rolling in the sun. I do still however bring them all in at night and close the window to prevent cat fights while she is still so little. The only bothersome thing is that her claws hook in just about everything and sometimes she gets so wound up her whole little leg actually twists into something only a skilled contortionist should take on! I may just ask the Vet if he could clip her claws.

Work is busy with lots on the go which is super really. I have several sets of minutes to type up and should really do them this weekend but I wont punish myself too much if I don't get to them until Monday.
My mom and I are attending a mosaic workshop this weekend on Saturday from 9-4 and Sunday from 9-1. We will receive a lesson, tiles, grout and a bistro table with a plain cement table top all of which we will combine to form a fab piece of furniture to bring home on the Sunday. How cool is that?! Plus I get to natter with my mom for hours on end :)
I'll be sure to post pics of our finished products.

We are going to Dullstroom again over the Valentines weekend and I am so looking forward to 5 hours of unadulterated bliss at the day spa. Marc will house and kitty sit so we should be able to really chill and enjoy. I far prefer lots of little breaks during the year than one long break as I find it rejuvenates ones body, mind and soul far more.

The baby shower that I hosted was an absolute hit! I came across the most beautiful bunches of baby roses which I bought as favors for the guests which was just so well received and really added a beauty to the look and feel of the room once they were all set up on the tables. I had a few fun games on the go throughout the morning like baby bottle hunt where myself and the mommy to be's two older daughters had hidden tiny little baby bottles all around the house and the ladies then went on the hunt and there was a lucky dip bag with awesome goodies I found online. One was a cardboard oven with a bun shaped candle and the words "bun in the oven" on a little attached gift tag. So cute!
I also found a couple who baked the most delicious cup cakes in the colors and theme to match the nursery. Their website is: http://www.dreamcatchers.co.za/cynlee/
So after all the anxiety about whether or not the party would be everything and more that the mommy hoped for I can now breathe a sigh of relief and say yes it was :)

The Valentines Hamper sales for Kitty Shelter are going well and the draw is next Thursday so I need to get my A into G and make up the hampers. So exciting for the furry babies!

Now to relax and unwind ...... happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Noll's Nip said...

Wow, you are crazy busy! Have fun at the moisaic class!