Sunday, February 28, 2010

On the road again

I cant seem to get that honky tonk country song "on the road again" out of my mind today. La la la la la!
I do know why.... I'm leaving this afternoon to drive down to PMB as we have a meeting first thing tomorrow morning and experience has taught me that leaving JHB at 3am on the Monday morning DOES NOT work!
I'll check in this evening, have a chilled out night and wake refreshed and ready for meetings - much better!
We will be on the go in PMB until Wednesday and then I'll stop in Ladysmith to visit my aunt and gran for a couple of hours and then back to JHB by Wed night.
I do hate being away from home but I know Andy will take good care of our kids.

I'll just unpack from PMB only to re-pack for Cape Town where we have a wedding to attend on Saturday 6 March. Looking forward to it although its another night away from my babies but uncle Marc will look after them then.

I convinced Andy to abandon his cycle race this morning and stay in bed with me to enjoy coffee and well now he is making us yummy french toast. So much better than pedaling and sweating on a bike :)
Come to think of it, had we gone ahead with societies pressures we would have been on our first day of honeymoon today.
Quite a thought isn't it!
I think we would have loved to be waking up in the Berg today but are both rather pleased we stood our ground and continue on our happy go lucky path with just us and our furry kids.
This is just right for us thanks and each to their own. Live and let live and all those good things.

Happy first week of March Bloggers! Catch up soon xxxx




1 comment:

BioniKat said...

Have a safe trip. I still do believe in marriage but not at the cost of losing oneself. I think that you and Andy would make a perfect married couple because you both respect each other and have consideration of each others interests and views. Its not the modern view anymore but I believe there are many good reasons to be married.