Diva is home and is doing exceptionally well! In fact were she not shaved on her tummy with a cut I would not believe they had spayed her. She bounded out of her carrier, ate, rubbed against all her brothers, played. chased them, purred etc etc.
This is fantastic BUT and there is always a BUT she still has those hormones in her system and will for a few days still so she is still a bit manic AND she is trying to pull her stitches out. I am going to have to collar her :(
The black and white kitten has gone from strength to strength in my care but Ginger seems sick again today which is absolutely gut wrenching. He has lumps of blood in his stools and they are runny again. I just don't know anymore. I am medicating him, feeding him I/D which is low fat and easily digestible and designed to combat vomiting and diarrhea, keeping him safe and warm and loved and he takes tow steps forward but then always one back. I phoned the owner of the Shelter to tell her and ask her advice and she said she has her 8 year old daughters birthday dinner tonight but when she gets home I should bring then to her. She is just better equipped medical supply wise and experience wise and is more than happy to take them a few days earlier than planned if it means saving Ginger. I am gutted that I need to do this. It is bitterly cold and I worry about taking them out of their warm room and I feel just horrid.
Don't actually know how I will be able to drop them off and turn away but I just keep telling myself they are going to the owners home, not the shelter, not a pound, not a dump and it will be OK.
Still nasty though :(
I feel like I used to when I was a little girl and the world seemed bad. In those days my mom knew just how to make it better but as an adult life ain't always so sweet.
I'm tired, I'm sad and I'm downright down!
No comments:
Post a Comment