That is what I feel like I am on! The shelter owner finished up at the birthday dinner at almost 10pm and by then Ginger had eaten and was looking more sprightly. He still has runny poo but the blood is no longer in evidence. I had some Synulox kitty antibiotics at home so I gave him a quarter mixed with the syrup the vet gave us and dosed him on that and it seems to have helped a lot. So we have decided that given that Ginger seems stronger again and it is late and raining I will keep them tonight still and take them to her house in the morning regardless as he clearly needs a good boost of meds even though he seems better again. Whatever this is it needs to get cleared up fast and properly. I felt so stupid when she called and I was no longer panicked like when we spoke early this evening but luckily she knows this game well and how a kitten can be playing and in an hour or two be dead from bacteria so she completely understands. I'm going to give them even more loves and attention on their last night with us in our home. I do so hope they will both grow into strong chubby little fluffs and find the puuurfect home. It is a worry when one has hand reared a baby cat and become attached to think their forever home could be less than just wonderful but I'm thinking positive thoughts! On that note here are some lovely pics of our brood of 7 as we stand tonight, in their favourite spots in the home as the weather is miz and that always brings felines in to seek warmth of home and heart.






3 comments:
poor little ginger boy.. i hope he gets better soon! they're just so incredibly fragile at this age. you're not doing anything wrong!
We are sending big purrs for little Ginger. Kittens can be so tricky- we've had ones we thought were doing very well who passed away suddenly, and others who we thought were on the way out who are now happy healthy strong kitties. It is emotionally exhausting! We hope the kittens get stronger and healthier with every passing moment, and that Diva is feeling much better after her operation.
(((hugs)))
Thank you for your love and care for your fosters! We are purring and praying for little Ginger.
Post a Comment