Today was our first prenatal appointment and scan. Andy was of course with me and it was such an amazing experience to go through. Our little Peegee is 7 weeks and 4 days old and 12.5mm long as at today. The due date is 13 January 2012. We also saw our little bubs heart beating and heard it on the Doppler I think they call it? Not sure but anyway we saw and heard it, all 170bpm of it and it was so wonderful and yes I felt a strong tug at my heart and I must admit an instant attachment. Our Doctor is great because he is pro choice and all for whatever is easiest for mum and not trying to force tradition or anything at all. He also makes sure he includes dad which is great. My weight and bp was healthy too and he said he will only worry about weight gain for me in the second trimester and it is totally normal to not gain or even lose some weight over this first trimester when nausea is so bad. He has also changed my prenatal vitamin as the one my GP prescribed can contribute to nausea. I'll try anything if it helps! Now we just wait for a few blood test results from today but I feel so much more at ease after seeing our baby right where it should be and the beat beat beat of Peegee's heart. Our Doctor also said there are just a few rules:
No blue cheese
Seafood in moderation and only if fresh
Sleep when tired
Eat when nauseas
Be as healthy as possible
Shew it's great to hear that it's basically down to common sense and most of what I have read and been told is actually hysteria.
I can so do this :)
2 comments:
Hi...congratulations to you both! That is such wonderful news. You will love this little miracle that is happening inside you! All the best to you Mama Feline :)
Its perfectly normal not to gain too much weight early on especially if you're a slim person. I never even knew I was pregnant until 3 months gone...all three times and never got a serious baby bump until 5 months. Good luck on eating when you feel nauseous. That should be interesting...
Post a Comment