I am a mama to the most amazing daughter, pregnant with number 2 and still find time to cuddle our precious brood of rescue kitties. I am wife to a quirky but lovely man, a devoted daughter, a big sister and a somewhat absentee friend these days. Most importantly I am discovering so much about ME day by day and this is my private blog of randomness.
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Pregnancy is so clever
I have to say I think pregnancy is all rather clever actually. I never thought I would be able to forego my morning cuppa coffee but shew for the last week at least I just can't stomach it. My little ciggie a day thing actually gave me up as the thought, smell, sight of cigarettes makes me want to gag! Me, the chocoholic has not touched, looked at or even been able to think about chocolate in a month and while crisps left me salivating pre pregnancy I now can't stand them. Another old favorite of mine was Mac and cheese with loads of sauce but now if I even see it in the fridge I feel the gag reflex twitch. I craved meat for about 10 days but thankfully that passed. I find peeled apple, naartjie, brown rice and tuna are about all I can really stomach for the moment. No caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, drugs or sweet highs wanted here thanks :) Our little bub aka peegee is now the size of a blueberry and I am amazed at the levels of development going on at just 7 weeks. The nausea is a small price to pay for such a magnificent experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment