OK so after yesterdays blog where I may have sounded semi suicidal, I am much happier today.
My mom came round yesterday afternoon to give us time to get ready for our Anniversary dinner and she and I chatted a little. She reminded me that Becca is already showing signs of a very strong will and that she is amazingly independent in some respects really. Perhaps Clamber Club is just not going to be the right little group for Becca and I shouldn't feel so bad after trying just one thing.
To be fair, Becca is one of only three in the group of twelve who are walking. So quite frankly NINE of the "amazingly behaved" toddlers CANT get up and walk off. Becca's has been doing many of the activities that this group offers for months already with me at home so it isn't anything new and amazing to her like it is to the others and she may be bored. And while I may battle in life a bit with Becca and structure I can at least say that she is amazing at keeping herself entertained. The other toddlers all seem to like and need to be told what to do how and when and their mommies are finding it easy going in class but when we chat over tea afterwards I was literally the only mommy who said Becca is great at keeping herself entertained and as long as she can see me she plays on her own and does her own thing. I don't have to actually play with her at all or show her how to play whereas the other moms do have to do that. So I guess it is give and take. Our children will thrive in some areas and battle in others. One thing is for damn sure..... Becca ain't a sheep and she ain't stoopid! I guess I should be grateful.
I had also not eaten yesterday when I blogged which always makes things seems worse than they really are.
I also really must nip this nonsense with our Domestic worker in the bud.
And on a really positive note, my husband spoilt me silly last night with an amazing dinner, awesome bottle of wine, a gorgeous necklace and just 3 hours of uninterrupted adult conversation, just us.
It was long overdue and incredibly welcome. We started remembering why Becca exists at all..... because of us and that we love each other and we need to remind ourselves of this often going forward. Its important.
Last night I found a little piece of Tammy Lee Williams again and I think not only I, but all of us are better for it today :)
1 comment:
Oh honey, how I remember those days! Those difficult baby days! It gets easier and easier. Glad you had a good night out.
Post a Comment